top of page
Restoration & Conservation specialists
R N Fear & Sons Ltd.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions – R.N. Fear and Sons To the supplier: You will need to set out your Quotation in a separate document and attach it to this agreement. Make sure that both you and your client sign the Quotation. R.N. Fear (Supplier) are pleased to set out the terms and conditions (“the terms of business”) which will apply to the work we do for you (client). These terms of business, the quotation and costs spreadsheet, form the contract between us (together, “the Contract”). All other terms and conditions (including any terms and conditions you purport to apply under any quotation, purchase order, confirmation of order, specification or other document) are expressly excluded.
1. Interpretation 1.1. Except where the context requires otherwise words importing the masculine shall include the feminine; words importing the singular shall include the plural; words importing natural personage shall be equally applicable to corporate personage and vice versa.1.2. References to any statutory provision, authority, rule or code of practice shall be deemed to include the amended versions, replacements or successors of such.
2. Relationship Between the Parties 2.1. The client engages the Supplier to provide the services specified in these terms and conditions and attached schedules.2.2. No term of this agreement or course of dealings between the Parties shall operate to make the Agent an employee or agent of the Client.2.2. Neither Party shall assign or transfer any of their rights, liabilities or obligations arising under this agreement without the prior written consent of the other Party.
3. The Quotation 3.1. The Supplier shall provide to the Client a proposal for the services to be provided (“the Quotation”) which shall set out:a) The services which the supplier will undertake for the Clientb) The date or time period within which the service will be performedc) The costs which the Client shall be charged for the performance of the services includingi. Any fees which the Supplier shall chargeii. Any disbursements or expenses which the Supplier will require the Client to meet (including but not limited to the costs of materials)iii. Any VAT or tax element which will be payable by the Client3.2. The Quotation shall be attached to these terms and conditions as a schedule and where a contract is entered into between the Supplier and the Client, the Client will be deemed to have accepted the quotation in full.
4. The Services and the Time and Manner of their Delivery 4.1. The Supplier will provide such services to the Client as are set out in the Quotation. Subject to clause 5.3 any quote provided to the client shall be valid for 60 days.4.2. The services will be provided to the Client within the timeframe specified in the Quotation.4.3. Time frames and dates of delivery are provided for guidance only and the Supplier makes no guarantee that the services will be performed within the specified period. For the purposes of this agreement, time shall not be of the essence and the Supplier shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Client as a result of the delivery of services being delayed or postponed for any reason, including for the avoidance of doubt inclement weather.
5. Payments 5.1. The contract price is set out in the Quotation, which includes details of the charges which the Supplier will make for labour, materials and parts as well as any taxes or additional costs or expenses or disbursements which the Supplier may charge to the Client.5.2. The intervals at which the Supplier may invoice the Client in respect of the whole or an instalment of the contract price are set out in the Quotation.5.3. Notwithstanding 5.1 and 5.2 above, the Supplier may vary the contract price from the amount set out in the Quotation where he has provided services which are different or in addition to those set out in the Quotation either at the specific request of the Client or because he has been required to complete additional work which was not anticipated at the time the Quotation was made, or because of market fluctuations in the price of materials.5.4. The Client agreesa) Not to withhold any sums due to the Supplier.b) To settle all invoices raised by the supplier within 30 days.c) To pay to the Supplier interest at a rate of 3 percentage points per annum above the Bank of England base rate on any payments which are not settled in accordance with section 4.3(b).d) To pay to the Supplier such costs and expenses as he may incur in recovering payment from the Client where the Client fails to make payment in accordance with these terms and conditions.
6. Cancellation The Client may cancel this contract within 7 calendar days of signing this agreement (or within whatever extended period the Supplier may specify in the Quotation) and shall be entitled to a full refund of any monies paid to the Supplier, less an amount representing any reasonable administration costs which the Supplier has incurred. Any cancellation outside this period will not entitle the Client to a refund of any monies paid.
7. Client’s Obligations 7.1. The Client shall be responsible for the correctness of all measurements for products or materials which he gives to the Supplier. Where these measurements are not correct and accordingly materials or products which are ordered or provided by the Supplier are the wrong size, the Client shall bear the expense of rectifying this.7.2. The Client shall co-operate with the supplier as may be necessary to facilitate this agreement including but not limited to:a) Permitting the Supplier access to the property or location in which the services are to be supplied (“the Site”) and assuring that such access is appropriate and adequate.b) Where the Site is indoors, ensuring that there is adequate ventilation.c) Providing for the Supplier such facilities as may be necessary in order to allow him to complete the servicesd) Following the Supplier’s reasonable instructions relating to safety and the state of work which has recently been completed by the Supplier or is in the process of being completed or to the state of the Site in general, including directions and restrictions on appropriate usage, care and maintenance.7.3. Unless the Quotation specifies otherwise, the Client will be responsible for any cleaning and redecorating which is necessary to the Site after the Supplier has completed the agreed services (with the exception of the removal of waste materials or building rubble, which shall be the responsibility of the Supplier as set out in 7.4, below).7.4. The Client shall be responsible for any permissions, licenses or consents which are necessary in order for the services to be provided particularly in relation to any work undertaken in respect of listed buildings. The Client warrants that he has applied for and obtained all such necessary permissions, license or consents prior to contracting the Supplier. For the avoidance of doubt no works shall commence until all or any permissions, licenses or consents which are necessary in order for the services to be provided particularly in relation to any work undertaken in respect of listed buildings are obtained and if requested copies of any such permissions, licenses or consents provided to the Supplier.
8. Suppliers Obligations8.1. The Supplier shall perform all duties, services and obligations under this contract with reasonable care and skill and to a reasonable standard. He shall comply with all relevant codes of practice and statutory or regulatory requirements.8.2. The Supplier shall take all reasonable care with the Clients property, including taking reasonable steps to protect the Client’s furnishing’s and wall and floor coverings during the provision of the services.8.3. The Supplier shall be responsible for managing and arranging the safe and lawful disposal of any waste materials which are generated or removed from the Client’s property as a result of the provision of the services.8.4. The supplier shall at all times hold a valid employer and public liability insurance policy and shall hold and keep up to date any and all licenses or permits as may be required in order to provide the Services.8.5 In respect of any stone supplied the Supplier will use reasonable endeavours to supply goods that comply with any relevant specification, sample or pattern, however as stone is a natural material samples may vary to the stone actually supplied.
9. Property Rights and Assumption of Risk9.1. Any property rights, title or ownership in any property or materials which are used by the Supplier in providing or delivering the service shall remain with the Supplier until the Client has made payment in full in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.9.2. Risk in and responsibility for any products or materials which are used in the supply, performance or delivery of the Services shall pass from the Supplier to the consumer on delivery orb) Where the Supplier is not responsible for delivery, at the moment the products or materials leave the Supplier’s premises.
10. The Guarantee 10.1. The Supplier provides to the Client, in addition to any statutory rights which the Client may have, a guarantee that the Services provided under this contract shall be free from defective or flawed materials or workmanship for a period of 12 months from the completion of the Services, notwithstanding that this guarantee shall not apply to:a) Defects or flaws which are as a result of any misuse, failure to adequately and properly maintain, neglect or failure to follow instructions or recommendations on the part of the Client.b) Any defect or flaw which is caused by mechanical or chemical damage (which is not in itself a result of some defect in the workmanship or materials) and which arises after risk in the property has passed to the Client. 10.2. The Supplier shall, at his sole discretion, determine the manner in which he will satisfy this guarantee, whether by repairing re-performing or replacing the Services or by refunding to the Client all or part of the monies which have been paid.10.3. Where the Client considers that the Services are defective upon delivery or performance then he shall notify the Supplier of this within 28 days, failing which he shall not be entitled to claim the benefit of this guarantee.10.4. This guarantee shall not become effective until the Client has paid the Supplier in full, failing which the Client shall not be entitled to claim the benefit of this guarantee.
11. Termination 11.1. This agreement shall continue until the Services (or any mutually agreed addition, extension or variation thereof) have been provided, or until terminated in accordance with the below.11.2. Without prejudice to the above this Agreement may be terminated immediately where any of the following circumstances arise:a) Either Party commits a material breach of its obligations under this agreement including but not limited to the non-performance, neglect or default of any of his duties as outlined herein (including a failure on the part of the Client to make payment within agreed timescales) and after 14 days notice of this breach has been given to the defaulting Party it remains unremedied and unrectified days after such notice.b) Either Party commits a breach of this agreement which cannot be remedied.c) Either Party becomes insolvent or enters into a CVA or IVA or ceases to carry on the whole or substantially the whole of its business.11.3. Upon termination of this agreement the Client shall pay to the Supplier such sums as may represent work done and expenses incurred up to and including the date of the termination.11.4. Any right to terminate this agreement shall be without prejudice to any accrued rights or liabilities arising out of this agreement which are in existence at the date of termination.
12. Limitation of Liability 12.1. The Supplier shall not be responsible in any circumstances to the Client or any third party for any loss of profit or indirect or consequential economic damage or loss, howsoever caused, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, breach of statutory duties, breach of contract or otherwise.12.2. Nothing in the forgoing shall be read as restricting or limiting in any way the Suppliers liability for death or personal injury, caused by it negligence or the negligence of its employers agents or subcontractors.
13. Indemnity The Client shall fully indemnify the Supplier against any loss or damage which results from the Client’s breach of this agreement or failure to abide by any of its terms.
14. Force Majeure Neither Party shall be liable for any delay or failure in performing its obligations or duties under this agreement which results from circumstances outside his reasonable control including but not limited to acts of God, industrial action, war, fire, threat of terrorism, civil disturbance or rioting, government or regulatory action, breakdown in plant or machinery or shortage of raw materials or supplies.
15. Warranty of Contractual Capacity Both Parties and the signatories to this agreement warrant that they are authorised and permitted to enter into this agreement, and have obtained all necessary permissions and approvals.
16. General 16.1. This document constitutes the entirety of the agreement between the parties. It supersedes any prior representations which may have been made, whether orally or in writing. Any modification to this agreement must be made in writing and signed by both Parties.16.2. This Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the court of England.16.3. All clauses, sub clauses and parts thereof shall be severable and shall be read and construed independently. Should any part of this Agreement be found invalid this will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision or of this agreement as a whole.16.4. All terms, conditions and covenants contained in this agreement shall bind the parties and their heirs, legal representatives, successors to title and permitted assignees.16.5. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall incur any rights on a third party and no third party may enforce any provision of this contract under the Contracts (rights of Third Parties) Act.16.6. The failure by either Party to enforce any provision of this agreement shall not be deemed a waiver or limitation of that party’s right to subsequently compel and require strict compliance with every provision of this agreement.
Terms & Conditions
R N Fear & Sons. A Company Registered in England and Wales - No. 7639878
Vat No.111-2807-20 Redditch Road, Alvechurch, Birmingham, Worcs. B48 7RY.01527 68543
bottom of page